Honda Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Honda centre offers specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Honda has a centre in Carlisle covering Cumbria.
Enjoy your Honda throughout the Year
Hondas are renowned for their reliability, but even with the most reliable vehicles peace of mind is priceless. Undertaking appropriate checks can give you the comfort you need when on the road.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get caught out in the heat, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Honda each time you visit, to ensure that your car is ready to take on the road. For your peace of mind, our Honda-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
THE AUTUMN DRIVING CHECKLIST
The sun sits a little lower in the sky, the temperature drops and we see the start of the frosty mornings. Whether you are a seasoned driver or it’s your first Autumn after passing your test these seasonal changes can be troublesome for us all.
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Autumnal changes such as less daylight, rain and leaves on the road or slight dips in temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeys:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum efficiency in the cooler weather.
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as heat can increase pressure
- Keep it cool. Long journeys can be uncomfortable in the heat. If you have not had an air conditioning service within the past two years, it will not be performing to its potential.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
Car Tyre Safety
As the only point of contact between you and the road, you need to ensure that your tyres are capable of providing the performance you need. So why not book your Honda in for our complimentary tyre safety check. If replacement tyres are required, our range of competitively-priced tyres is backed up by a price-match guarantee so you know you’re getting the best deal. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the comfort of our dealership facilities while you wait.