Jaguar Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Jaguar centre covering Cumbria and Scotland all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Jaguar can be found in Carlisle.
Power has never felt better this Summer
Jaguars are designed for the road, offering an exhilarating driving experience combined with the height of luxury. However, while long journeys shouldn’t eliminate driving pleasure, they can be a challenge to both you and your car. With the right accessories and checks, you can keep safe whatever the season or distance.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get left out in the cold this season, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Land Rover each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition for the road ahead. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the summer sun, our Jaguar-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
Contact your nearest Jaguar to book your appointment.
SUMMER DRIVING MUSTS
With British weather being as unpredictable as it is, when the sun comes out and heat ramps up, we all love to go out and enjoy it. But, becasuse they can happen so quickly, we often don't take the correct precautions when driving to deal with it. Heat can have a huge impact on how your Jaguar performs. So take your time and consider our summer checklist for the road this season:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum effeciency in the heat
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as heat can increase pressure
- Keep it cool. Long journeys can be uncomfortable in the heat. If you have not had an air conditioning service within the past two years, it will not be performing to its potential.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
Tyre Safety Check
Ensuring that your Jaguar can make the best possible contact with the road surface is essential to keep you safe. We offer a complimentary tyre safety check to make sure that your tyres are performing at their best. Our competitively-priced tyres are backed up by a price-match guarantee should your tyres need to be replaced. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the premium on-site facilities at your local Lloyd Jaguar retailer while you wait.
An excellent car-buying experience from start to finish. Friendly and approachable at every level, with a special mention for Josh, who was a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommended.
Mike Platts - Lloyd Carlisle Jaguar