Jaguar Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Jaguar centre covering Cumbria and Scotland all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Jaguar can be found in Carlisle.
Power has never felt better this Autumn
Jaguars are designed for the road, offering an exhilarating driving experience combined with the height of luxury. However, while long journeys shouldn’t eliminate driving pleasure, they can be a challenge to both you and your car. With the right accessories and checks, you can keep safe whatever the season or distance.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get left out in the cold this season, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Land Rover each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition for the road ahead. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the cooler weather, our Jaguar-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
Contact your nearest Jaguar to book your appointment.
AUTUMN DRIVING MUSTS
The sun sits a little lower in the sky, the temperature drops and we see the start of the frosty mornings. Whether you are a seasoned driver or it’s your first Autumn after passing your test these seasonal changes can be troublesome for us all.
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Autumnal changes such as less daylight, rain and leaves on the road or slight dips in temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeysn:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum effeciency in the colder weather
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the colder temperatures can increase pressure
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Autumn weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
Tyre Safety Check
Ensuring that your Jaguar can make the best possible contact with the road surface is essential to keep you safe. We offer a complimentary tyre safety check to make sure that your tyres are performing at their best. Our competitively-priced tyres are backed up by a price-match guarantee should your tyres need to be replaced. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the premium on-site facilities at your local Lloyd Jaguar retailer while you wait.
Purchased a used car from Lloyd Jaguar from a distance and only viewing it online. Was a bit nervous about not being able to look at the car in person, or take out for a test drive. I need not have worried as the vehicle was as described by Josh and Michael at LJ, other than one tyre was on the cusp of needing replaced but without hesitation they advised they would reimburse me for getting a new tyre fitted to the same spec once I got home. Once the receipt for the tyre was received by LJ the money was back in my account the same day without hesitation. They provided a great service and were really easy to deal with. If the right car came up again in the future I would not hesitate to deal with them again.
Sarah Fraser - Lloyd Carlisle Jaguar