Kia Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Kia centre offers specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Honda has a centre in Carlisle covering Cumbria.
Enjoy your Kia throughout the Year
Kia are renowned for their reliability, but even with the most reliable vehicles peace of mind is priceless. Undertaking appropriate checks can give you the comfort you need when on the road.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get caught out in the changing British weather, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Kia each time you visit, to ensure that your car is ready to take on the road. For your peace of mind, our Kia-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
THE SPRING DRIVING CHECKLIST
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Spring changes such as more daylight, more traffic on the road or fluctuating temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeys:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions.
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours.
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys.
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead due to heavier pedestrian traffic.
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum efficiency in the changing weather and busier streets.
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians. *
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the changing temperatures can increase pressure.
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe, they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Spring weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue.
*Advance booking required.
- Screen wash top-up
- Top-up oil
- First aid kit
- Phone charger
- Spare tyre / tyre sealant
- Jumpstart cables
Car Tyre SafetyKeeping your Kia tyres properly maintained is essential to be safe on the more varied road surfaces. Thanks to our complimentary tyre safety check we can identify any issues and, should you need to replace your tyres, our price-match guarantee and excellent tyre selection mean that you can be assured of quality tyres at a competitive price. We welcome all makes and models for our checks so come and enjoy our welcoming facilities while you wait.
GET IN TOUCH