Kia Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Kia centre offers specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Honda has a centre in Carlisle covering Cumbria.
Kia are renowned for their reliability, but even with the most reliable vehicles peace of mind is priceless. Undertaking appropriate checks can give you the comfort you need when on the road.
Enjoy your Kia throughout the Year
Don't get caught out in the cooler weather, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Kia each time you visit, to ensure that your car is ready to take on the road. For your peace of mind, our Kia-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
Vehicle Health Check
The sun sits a little lower in the sky, the temperature drops and we see the start of the frosty mornings. Whether you are a seasoned driver or it’s your first Winter after passing your test these seasonal changes can be troublesome for us all.
THE WINTER DRIVING CHECKLIST
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Winter changes such as less daylight, rain, leaves and snow on the road or slight dips in temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeys:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum efficiency in the cooler weather.
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as heat can increase pressure
- Keep it cool. Long journeys can be uncomfortable in the heat. If you have not had an air conditioning service within the past two years, it will not be performing to its potential.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
- Screen wash top-up
- Top-up oil
- First aid kit
- Phone charger
- Spare tyre / tyre sealant
- Jumpstart cables
Car Tyre SafetyKeeping your Kia tyres properly maintained is essential to be safe on the more varied road surfaces. Thanks to our complimentary tyre safety check we can identify any issues and, should you need to replace your tyres, our price-match guarantee and excellent tyre selection mean that you can be assured of quality tyres at a competitive price. We welcome all makes and models for our checks so come and enjoy our welcoming facilities while you wait.
GET IN TOUCH
Can not commend James Griffith's enough :) Fantastic salesman who really looked after us when we brought a car from this dealership. Kind, informative, courteous and patient 10/10 on customer service. Thank You 😁
Tricia Smith - Lloyd Carlisle Kia Honda