Land Rover Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Land Rover centres across the North of England and Scotland all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Land Rover has centres in Carlisle, Ripon and Kelso - serving Cumbria, North Yorkshire and Scotland.
Where will your adventures take you this Winter?
A Land Rover is built for anything, especially the unpredictable British weather. To help you enjoy all that the Winter months can offer, it’s best to keep your vehicle performing at its best by carrying out checks which will ensure that everything is perfect before the you take to the roads.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get left out in the cold this season, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Land Rover each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition for the road ahead. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the cooler weather, our Land Rover-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
OUR WINTER DRIVING CHECKLIST
The sun sits a little lower in the sky, the temperature drops and we see the start of the frosty mornings. Whether you are a seasoned driver or it’s your first Winter after passing your test these seasonal changes can be troublesome for us all.
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Winter changes such as less daylight, rain, leaves and snow on the road or slight dips in temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeys:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum effeciency in the colder weather
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the colder temperatures can increase pressure
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Autumn weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
Winter Health Check for only £19.99.
As we see the temperature drop and feel the chill in the air it’s time to prepare for the Wintery conditions ahead. Ensure your Land Rover is ready to tackle the elements before Winter takes hold. Gain some peace of mind, save yourself valuable time and know your Land Rover is ready for the elements.
Your Lloyd Winter Health Check includes:
• Vehicle health check
• Tyre condition check
• Lights and levels check
• Battery check
• Complimentary top up of fluids*
• Complimentary wash and vacuum**
• Complimentary Lloyd Winter Pack***
For more information or to book contact your nearest Lloyd Land Rover Service Team.
T&Cs apply, dependant on location.
Car Tyre Safety
Be safe whatever the season, with our complimentary Land Rover tyre safety check. Should you need replacement tyres, we offer a range of competitively-priced tyres backed up by a price-match guarantee so you can be assured you’re getting the best value for money. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the premium on-site facilities at your local Lloyd Land Rover retailer while you wait.
I have just had my first Range Rover Sport service with Lloyd's Land Rover Kelso. The staff were very helpful with my partner and my baby twins during the service process and very helpful of supplying a nice new spacious white Land Rover Discovery which my partner didn't want to give back and preferred to drive that than the RRS; I've since told her to start saving! I had some confusion with the settlement figure on my final bill which was partly my fault for not listening properly but Lloyd's Land Rover professionally dealt with things promptly to more than a satisfactory level which I am really grateful for! I would like to thank Sam and all the other staff that have dealt with the service of my car and wish you all a lovely May holiday weekend.
Shaun Armstrong - Lloyd Kelso Land Rover