Land Rover Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Land Rover centres across the North of England and Scotland all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Land Rover has centres in Carlisle, Ripon and Kelso - serving Cumbria, North Yorkshire and Scotland.
Where will your adventures take you this Spring?
A Land Rover is built for anything, especially the unpredictable British weather. To help you enjoy all that the Spring months can offer, it’s best to keep your vehicle performing at its best by carrying out checks which will ensure that everything is perfect before the you take to the roads.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get left out by the changing weather, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Land Rover each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition for the road ahead. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the cooler weather, our Land Rover-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
OUR SPRING DRIVING CHECKLIST
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Spring changes such as more daylight, more traffic on the road or fluctuating temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeys:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off.
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions.
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours.
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys.
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead due to heavier pedestrian traffic.
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum efficiency in the changing weather and busier streets.
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians. *
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the changing temperatures can increase pressure.
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe, they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Spring weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue.
*Advance booking required.
Car Tyre Safety
Be safe whatever the season, with our complimentary Land Rover tyre safety check. Should you need replacement tyres, we offer a range of competitively-priced tyres backed up by a price-match guarantee so you can be assured you’re getting the best value for money. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the premium on-site facilities at your local Lloyd Land Rover retailer while you wait.
All the staff we have spoken to here through doing a deal on a new car have been amazing , some would say that's because they want a sale however no hard sell what so ever with extra discounts and cheaper than other dealerships. These chaps seem to have it right .
David Wilson - Lloyd Ripon Land Rover