Land Rover Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Land Rover centres across the North of England and Scotland all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Land Rover has centres in Carlisle, Ripon and Kelso - serving Cumbria, North Yorkshire and Scotland.
Where will your adventures take you this Autumn?
A Land Rover is built for anything, especially the unpredictable British weather. To help you enjoy all that the Autumn months can offer, it’s best to keep your vehicle performing at its best by carrying out checks which will ensure that everything is perfect before the you take to the roads.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get left out in the cold this season, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Land Rover each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition for the road ahead. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the cooler weather, our Land Rover-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
OUR AUTUMN DRIVING CHECKLIST
The sun sits a little lower in the sky, the temperature drops and we see the start of the frosty mornings. Whether you are a seasoned driver or it’s your first Autumn after passing your test these seasonal changes can be troublesome for us all.
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Autumnal changes such as less daylight, rain and leaves on the road or slight dips in temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeys:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum effeciency in the colder weather
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the colder temperatures can increase pressure
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Autumn weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
Car Tyre Safety
Be safe whatever the season, with our complimentary Land Rover tyre safety check. Should you need replacement tyres, we offer a range of competitively-priced tyres backed up by a price-match guarantee so you can be assured you’re getting the best value for money. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the premium on-site facilities at your local Lloyd Land Rover retailer while you wait.
I would wish you to know of the exceptional service I received today at Ripon. I live north of Newcastle, but have been a customer of Paul Mortimer for 26 years and have just agreed the purchase of my 6th Land Rover from him. Today however, whilst on holiday in Ripon, I had problem with the engine check light illuminating on my Freelander, when I am due to tow my caravan back home on Tuesday. Louise in reception and Andy in the workshop went out of their way to resolve my problem, and showed customer service at a level way above any other franchised garage that I have ever had dealings with. I would be most grateful if you could pass on my appreciation to them again, and if possible, supply me with an email contact for Bryan Lloyd, as I would like to also inform him of the quality of the people he has in his employ.
Tony Firth - Lloyd Ripon Land Rover