Land Rover Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Land Rover centres across the North of England and Scotland all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Land Rover has centres in Carlisle, Ripon and Kelso - serving Cumbria, North Yorkshire and Scotland.
Where will your adventures take you this Summer?
A Land Rover is built for anything, especially the British Summer. To help you enjoy all that the Summer months can offer, it’s best to keep your vehicle performing at its best by carrying out checks which will ensure that everything is perfect before the you take to the roads.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get left out in the cold this season, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Land Rover each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition for the road ahead. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the summer sun, our Land Rover-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
OUR SUMMER DRIVING CHECKLIST
Hot days in the UK don't happen all to ofter, so when they do, we all love to go out and enjoy it. But becasuse they are scarce, we often don't take the correct precautions when driving to deal with it. Heat can have an impact on how your Land Rover performs. So take your time and consider our summer checklist for the road this season:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum effeciency in the heat
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as heat can increase pressure
- Keep it cool. Long journeys can be uncomfortable in the heat. If you have not had an air conditioning service within the past two years, it will not be performing to its potential.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
Car Tyre Safety
Be safe whatever the season, with our complimentary Land Rover tyre safety check. Should you need replacement tyres, we offer a range of competitively-priced tyres backed up by a price-match guarantee so you can be assured you’re getting the best value for money. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the premium on-site facilities at your local Lloyd Land Rover retailer while you wait.
I've been a customer of Lloyds for the last 8 years. Service is excellent. Great staff - nothing is too much trouble for them. I wouldn't go anywhere else 😁
Ginny Black - Lloyd Carlisle Land Rover