Land Rover Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Land Rover centres across the North of England and Scotland all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Land Rover has centres in Carlisle, Ripon and Kelso - serving Cumbria, North Yorkshire and Scotland.
Where will your adventures take you this winter?
A Land Rover is built for anything, especially the British winter. To help you enjoy all that the winter months can offer, it’s best to keep your vehicle performing at its best by carrying out checks which will ensure that everything is perfect before the roads become unpredictable.
Winter Health Check
Don't get left out in the cold this season, at Lloyd Land Rover, our Winter Health Check gives you the reassurance that your Land Rover will be in optimum condition to battle the elements throughout the winter months.
So for only £19.99, bring on the winter with our Lloyd Winter Health Check, including:
- Vehicle Health check
- Tyre Condition check
- Lights and levels check
- Battery check
- Complimentary top up of fluids*
- Complimentary wash and vacuum
*top up to 1 litre, not full re-fill.
Top Ten Winter Driving TipsAdverse weather and prolonged darkness make winter driving more hazardous. Wet and icy conditions can have a huge impact on how your Land Rover performs in the cold weather. In the UK, with warmer winters in the past, not many drivers have experience driving in extreme winter conditions. So take your time and consider our winter driving tips on the road this season:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash, de-frost all windows before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Use dipped headlamps in snowy, wet weather
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate longer stopping distances
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to avoid skidding
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated
- Invest in a set of Winter Wheels and Tyres
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, De-icer, Ice Scraper, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant
*Advance booking required.
Car Tyre Safety
Be safe whatever the season, with our complimentary Land Rover tyre safety check. Should you need replacement tyres, we offer a range of competitively-priced tyres backed up by a price-match guarantee so you can be assured you’re getting the best value for money. All makes and models are welcome, so you can enjoy the premium on-site facilities at your local Lloyd Land Rover retailer while you wait.
Brilliant service. As soon as I walked through the door I was made to instantly feel welcome. The complimentary refreshments where superb. Most importantly the Salesman that dealt with me was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating to my needs. I would defiantly recommend!
Josh Riley - Lloyd Ripon Land Rover