MINI Seasonal Advice
COME RAIN OR SHINE.
British weather is guess work at the best of times. Prevention and planning is key, and can spare you from dealing with the consequences of a breakdown or accident.
Our six Lloyd MINI centres across Cumbria, Lancashire and Newcastle upon Tyne all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located in some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd MINI has centres in Blackpool, Carlisle, Cockermouth, Colne, Newcastle and the South Lakes.
It’s officially Spring! Although the British weather may not always suggest it. Spring brings with it, longer days and warmer weather, but also brings challenges such as decreased visibility and more pedestrians. Taking precautions when driving can have a huge impact on how your MINI performs. So, take your time and consider our Spring driving tips before hitting the road:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions.
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours.
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys.
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead due to heavier pedestrian traffic.
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum efficiency in the changing weather and busier streets.
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians. *
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the changing temperatures can increase pressure.
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe, they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Spring weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue.
*Advance booking required.
Tyres are obviously essential in keeping you safe as the only contact with the road, so make sure they are performing at their best with our complimentary tyre safety check. Included in your tyre safety check you will receive:
- Complimentary Vehicle Health Check including Video Report
- Complimentary Wash and Vacuum
- Complimentary Quality Enhancements where applicable
- MINI Technicians trained to the latest manufacturer standards
Not only that, should you need a tyre replacement, our price-match guarantee means that you can be assured that you’re getting the best value for money. We offer this for all makes and models so you can make the most of our complimentary facilities in our MINI Centres while you wait for the tyre check to be completed.
CLICK HERE to find your nearest Lloyd MINI for more information.
At all our MINI Centres we are here to help you make the most of your MINI throughout the year, whatever the weather.
Fantastic service from Louis and Chris helped me to get in touch with mini breakdown and saved the day by getting maud the mini booked in to be fixed.
Happy Customer - Lloyd South Lakes MINI