MINI Seasonal Advice
MINIs are designed for fun but Autumn driving can make being on the road a toil rather than a pleasure, so it’s even more important to be safe and sound. The right accessories and the proper checks will ensure that your MINI can withstand whatever the cold, wet weather has in store for you.
Our six Lloyd MINI centres across the North of England all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located in some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd MINI has centres in Blackpool, Carlisle, Cockermouth, Colne, Newcastle and the South Lakes. So take your time and consider our winter driving tips on the road this season:
Top Ten Autumn Driving Tips
As the dark nights and Autumn weather starts to close in, its never too early to prepare for winter driving. Cold and wet conditions can have a huge impact on how your MINI drives. With warmer Autumns in the past, not many drivers have experience driving in cold, wet conditions. So take your time and consider our driving tips on the road this season:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screenwash before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Use dipped headlamps in wet weather
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate longer stopping distances
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to avoid aquaplaning
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated
- Invest in a set of Winter Wheels and Tyres, they make all the difference in temperatures below 7°c
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Deicer, Ice Scraper, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant
*Advance booking required.
Don't let the heat get to you this Summer, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your MINI each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the winter months, our MINI-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
Tyre Safety Check
Tyres are obviously essential in keeping you safe as the only contact with the road, so make sure they are performing at their best with our complimentary tyre safety check. Included in your tyre safety check you will receive:
- Complimentary Vehicle Health Check including Video Report
- Complimentary Wash and Vacuum
- Complimentary Quality Enhancements where applicable
- MINI Technicians trained to the latest manufacturer standards
Not only that, should you need a tyre replacement, our price-match guarantee means that you can be assured that you’re getting the best value for money. We offer this for all makes and models so you can make the most of our complimentary facilities in our MINI Centres while you wait for the tyre check to be completed.
At all our MINI Centres we are here to help you make the most of your MINI throughout the year, whatever the weather.
Took delivery of my approved used Audi today. I can't fault the car or service that I received from Chris Parker the approved used sales exec, who personally delivered the car over 100 miles to my local Lloyd dealership in Colne. Whether your buying brand new or approved used.....your treated with the same level of respect and professionalism. Couldn't be happier thank you.
Richard De'Ath - Lloyd Newcastle MINI