MINI Seasonal Advice
COME RAIN OR SHINE.
British weather is guess work at the best of times, so as the temperature drops and the wet weather moves in even the most experienced drivers will need to take extra care on the roads. Prevention and planning is key, and can spare you from dealing with the consequences of a breakdown or accident.
Our six Lloyd MINI centres across Cumbria, Lancashire and Newcastle upon Tyne all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located in some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd MINI has centres in Blackpool, Carlisle, Cockermouth, Colne, Newcastle and the South Lakes.
Wet weather is something we know all so well in this country, but even though there isn't snow or ice on the road, taking the correct precautions when driving can have a huge impact on how your MINI performs. So take your time and consider our Autumn driving tips before hitting the road:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum effeciency in the colder weather
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the colder temperatures can increase pressure
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Autumn weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required.
Winter health check for only £24.99
As the temperature drops and you can feel that first winter snowflake looming in the cold air, its time to prepare for those winter roads ahead. Ensuring your MINI is ready to tackle the elements before winter takes hold, could not only save you valuable time, but give you the peace of mind that your car is ready to take on the elements.
As part of your Winter Health Check you will receive:
• Vehicle health check
• Tyre tread and brake pad depth check
• Top up of screen wash & engine oil*
• Quality software enhancements applied where applicable
• Wash and vacuum
• FREE Winter Care Pack including:
Screenwash with anti-freeze(1ltr), Deicer (500ml), Interior Cleaner (250ml), Ice Scraper
For more information or to book now contact your nearest Lloyd MINI Service Team.
Tyres are obviously essential in keeping you safe as the only contact with the road, so make sure they are performing at their best with our complimentary tyre safety check. Included in your tyre safety check you will receive:
- Complimentary Vehicle Health Check including Video Report
- Complimentary Wash and Vacuum
- Complimentary Quality Enhancements where applicable
- MINI Technicians trained to the latest manufacturer standards
Not only that, should you need a tyre replacement, our price-match guarantee means that you can be assured that you’re getting the best value for money. We offer this for all makes and models so you can make the most of our complimentary facilities in our MINI Centres while you wait for the tyre check to be completed.
CLICK HERE to find your nearest Lloyd MINI for more information.
At all our MINI Centres we are here to help you make the most of your MINI throughout the year, whatever the weather.
Big thank to Brian, James & all team. Fantastic service from start to finish...most hassle free purchase I've had. Absolutely over the moon with attention to detail..car is absolutely mint & was immaculate & gleaming..big shout out to your valeting team..thanks again
Yvonne Ducie - Lloyd Cockermouth MINI