MINI Seasonal Advice
MINIs are designed for fun but Summer driving can make being on the road a toil rather than a pleasure, so it’s even more important to be safe and sound. The right accessories and the proper checks will ensure that your MINI can withstand longer journeys in the warm weather and whatever the British Summer has in store for you.
Our six Lloyd MINI centres across the North of England all offer specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located in some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd MINI has centres in Blackpool, Carlisle, Cockermouth, Colne, Newcastle and the South Lakes. So take your time and consider our winter driving tips on the road this season:
Top Ten Summer Driving Tips
- Prepare your MINI with a top-up of fluids. More travelling means more oil and screen wash is used. Should you be travelling more this summer ensure you carry out regular top ups so you don’t get caught out.
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, the alternative routes you can take. Summer holidays can mean more traffic on the roads so set off in plenty of time with a good knowledge of the local areas.
- Plenty of fuel. Ensure you have enough fuel to complete your journey and be aware of local petrol stations.
- Check your wiper blades. It wouldn’t be a Great British Summer without the downpours after a bit of sun. Ensure that your wipers can clear your screen efficiently and are not split or dragging when in use.
- Keep a cool head. Regardless of how much you use your air conditioning, over time gas will escape from the canister similar to how air escapes from a balloon. It is recommended to have a full air conditioning service on your MINI every 2 years. To check when this was last carried out on your MINI please contact our service team.*
- Check your tyres. As the four main contact points between you and the road, tread depth, inflation and tyre condition is essential to road safety.
- Check your brakes. Stop, start driving whether it be cruising around the city streets or stuck in motorway traffic takes its toll on your brakes more than the number of miles you travel.
- Invest in travel solutions. Travelling over the summer doesn’t always mean that you travel lightly. Investing in a roof box, bike rack or interior storage solutions can guarantee your full visibility on the busy summer roads.
- Travelling abroad, do your research. Make sure you check all the necessary driving requirements for the country you are travelling in. For example, most countries on the continent require high-vis jacket and warning triangle to be in your vehicle at all times.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: screen wash top-up, top-up oil, phone charger and spare tyre/tyre sealant
*Advance booking required.
Don't let the heat get to you this Summer, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your MINI each time you visit, to ensure that your car is in optimum condition. To give you the reassurance that they will keep working throughout the winter months, our MINI-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention.
Tyre Safety Check
Tyres are obviously essential in keeping you safe as the only contact with the road, so make sure they are performing at their best with our complimentary tyre safety check. Included in your tyre safety check you will receive:
- Complimentary Vehicle Health Check including Video Report
- Complimentary Wash and Vacuum
- Complimentary Quality Enhancements where applicable
- MINI Technicians trained to the latest manufacturer standards
Not only that, should you need a tyre replacement, our price-match guarantee means that you can be assured that you’re getting the best value for money. We offer this for all makes and models so you can make the most of our complimentary facilities in our MINI Centres while you wait for the tyre check to be completed.
At all our MINI Centres we are here to help you make the most of your MINI throughout the year, whatever the weather.
Came in for a look on Friday, Liam couldn’t have been more helpful, had a test drive of a beautiful mini coupe. Service I received was excellent, no hard sell but lots of useful information, very impressed!
Vicky James - Lloyd Blackpool MINI