Born to race. Designed for speed.Honda have built the new CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP for you. It starts out in the same Pit Lane as the CBR1000RR-R – which means MotoGP technology for the engine, chassis and aerodynamics. But they've added second generation Öhlins Smart Electronic Control (S-EC) suspension and an upgraded user interface to go with it. And a new Brembo braking package including Stylema front brake calipers, brake lever and rear caliper. The CBR1000RR-R SP is not built with a road-rider’s needs in mind; the race-track is where it belongs. And while it is fully road legal, with lights, indicators, full-colour TFT display and Honda Smart Key, the CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP is the ultimate statement of pure super sports aggression. Enjoy it.
The key details you need to know
- An all new inline four-cylinder engine derived from MotoGP technologies and producing mighty 160kw (214.5bhp).
- A new aluminium diamond frame with a longer swingarm, based on the RC213V-S design.
- Enhanced throttle-by-wire improves feel and is linked to an electronics package comprising of power, engine brake, wheelie control and optimised Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). Plus adjustable ABS for track riding.
- Showa Big Piston Forks and Balance-Free Rear Cushion Light grace the CBR1000RR-R whilst the SP is enhanced with new Ohlins 43mm NPX forks and second generation Ohlins software offers finer controls of both front and rear settings.
- The SP also features new Brembo Stylema four-piston calipers and both models see a new rear tyre size of 200/55-ZR17.
- A fully customisable five inch TFT display offers intuitive control operated by a simplified four-way switch on the left handlebar.
- Honda Smart Key (keyless ignition).
- MotoGP inspired aerodynamics with a more compact riding position and winglets to increase downforce and improve braking stability.
BENEFITS OF BUYING FROM LLOYD HONDA MOTORCYCLES
We stock the full range of new Honda road bikes from scooters to superbikes. There are many benefits of buying a motorcycle from us, however, the key benefits are:- 2-year warranty
- 2-year roadside assistance
- Competitive and flexible finance options
- Part-exchanges welcome
- Nationwide delivery
- Full workshop facility for service, repairs and MOT
- Extensive parts and accessories range
- Our friendly and welcoming team has over 100 years' collective experience of working with motorbikes, covering sales and service
|Dimensions and Weights||Fireblade||Fireblade SP|
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12-6 YTZ7S||12-2Li-ion|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2099mm x 762.4mm x 1136mm||2099mm x 762.4mm x 1136mm|
|Frame type||AL TWIN-TUBE||AL TWIN-TUBE|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||16.1L||16.1L|
|Fuel Consumption||16.0km/l (WMTC mode)||16.0km/l (WMTC mode)|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||118.6mm||118.6mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||202.1kg||201.3kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||831mm||831mm|
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||81mm x 48.5mm||81mm x 48.5mm|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||999.9cc||999.9cc|
|Engine Type||water-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, inline 4-cylinder||water-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, inline 4-cylinder|
|Max. Power Output||160kW/14,500rpm||160kW/14,500rpm|
|Oil Capacity (Litres)||3.8L||3.8L|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate hydraulic clutch||Wet, multiplate hydraulic clutch|
|Transmission Type||Manual Transmission||Manual Transmission|
|ABS System||2 channel with IMU||2 channel with IMU|
|Brakes Front||330mm disc with radial-mount NISSIN 4-piston caliper||330mm disc with radial-mount Brembo 4-piston caliper|
|Brakes Rear||220mm disc with Brembo 2-Piston caliper||220mm disc with Brembo 2-Piston caliper|
|Suspension Front||SHOWA BPF 43mm telescopic fork||Ohlins NPX S-EC 43mm telescopic fork|
|Suspension Rear||SHOWA BFR-C Pro-Link swingarm||Ohlins TTX36 S-EC Pro-Link swingarm|
|Tyres Front||PIRE:DIABLO SUPERCORSA SP (V3) BS：RS11||PIRE:DIABLO SUPERCORSA SP (V3) BS：RS11|
|Tyre Size Front||120/70-ZR17||120/70-ZR17|
|Tyre Size Rear||200/55-ZR17||200/55-ZR17|
|Tyres Rear||PIRE:DIABLO SUPERCORSA SP (V3) BS：RS11||PIRE:DIABLO SUPERCORSA SP (V3) BS：RS11|
|Wheels Front||17inch 3.5||17inch 3.5|
|Wheels Rear||17inch 6.0||17inch 6.0|
|Instruments and Electrics||Fireblade||Fireblade SP|
|12v Socket||Optional (USB)||Optional (USB)|
|Ignition System||Electronic, digital transistor||Electronic, digital transistor|
|Instruments||TFT full color||TFT full color|
Second-generation semi-active Öhlins Electronic Control (S-EC)
The Öhlins NPX fork uses a pressurised damping system to minimise cavitation, resulting in more stable damping control and improved bump absorption at high speeds. Feel for front tyre grip is also enhanced. The rear shock is also by Öhlins; the upper mount attaches at the back of the engine to enhance high-speed handling.
Brembo Stylema front brake calipers
Incredible braking power is provided by the latest Brembo Stylema monobloc four-piston radial-mount front brake calipers – with Brembo brake lever and master cylinder to match. The calipers maintain rigidity but are 7% lighter, with less internal fluid volume for more immediate reaction.
RC213V-S-inspired swingarm design
The aluminium swingarm – based on the designed used by the RC213V-S – is 30.5mm longer, at 622.7mm but weighs exactly the same as the previous design. Its horizontal rigidity is reduced by 15%, with vertical rigidity maintained to generate incredible rear tyre grip – and feel to go with it.
Launch control for fast starts
The CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP is equipped with Launch Control for race starts. It limits engine rpm at 6,000, 7,000, 8,000 and 9,000rpm set-points, even with a wide-open throttle, letting you focus on clutch release (and lights) alone. A quickshifter is also fitted as standard, with performance optimised for racetrack performance and reliability.
Switchable ABS modes
For flexible ability (and along with Rear Lift Control) the ABS gains two switchable modes; SPORTS mode focuses on road-riding performance, with high brake force and less pitching, while TRACK mode offers power and feel braking from much higher circuit speeds. Both are controlled with input from the six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU).