2019 Car Maintenance Resolutions List
Date posted: 18 December 2018
With 2019 on the horizon and everyone deciding on their resolutions for the New Year, we've pulled below our ‘ Lloyd Motor Group top tips for car maintenance in 2019’ – your New Years car maintenance resolution list if you like.
- Getting your car serviced regularly keeps your vehicle in the best possible condition. This will also save you money as problems are likely to be caught earlier on when they’re cheaper to fix and your car will have a better resale value and longer life. A well-maintained car is also more efficient, so you’ll save money on fuel as well. Your car will often inform you when it is due a service or you can consult your handbook for your manufacturers recommended service intervals. Book your vehicle in at any Lloyd Motor Group and rest assured that your vehicle is in the best hands with expertly trained technicians.
- When the weather starts to warm up, it’s time to get your air conditioning serviced – this will keep your car cool and fresh as your air conditioning system can lose up to 10% of it’s gas each year. Without servicing, it will become less efficient and lead to increased fuel consumption, eventually leading it to fail. All Lloyd Motor Group Retailers offer Air Conditioning Servicing.
- Look after your tyres. Caring for your car’s tyres will not only save you money but also keep it safe to drive. Stick to recommended tyre pressures and check them regularly. Tyres over or under pressure wear unevenly and will need to be replaced sooner. Another cause of uneven tyre wear is the tracking being out of alignment, which can be checked and repaired at your local Lloyd Retailer.* At any Lloyd Motor Group Retailer, our Aftersales Department will be more than happy to carry out a free tyre check and in circumstances where you do need any new tyres, we can sort this for you with a range of quality tyres that are competitively priced.
- If your car is 3 years or older, you are legally required to have your car MOT tested every year. With our appointments, you will also receive a complimentary wash and vac and outstanding customer service.
- When the temperature starts to drop, prepare for the bad weather and book your Lloyd Winter Health Check to keep your peace of mind. At Lloyd Motor Group, we will ensure that your car will be in optimum condition to battle the elements through the winter months. Our Winter Health Checks include: Vehicle Health check, Tyre Condition check, Lights and levels check, Battery check, Complimentary top up of fluids (*top up to 1 litre, not full re-fill), Complimentary wash and vacuum.
- Remember, if you drive a diesel vehicle which requires AdBlue, if you run out of AdBlue then your vehicle will fail to start. At Lloyd Motor Group we offer AdBlue refills so you don’t need to worry about staining your clothes whilst doing it yourself!
Please make sure you pre-book your appointment for any of your car maintenance work!
Contact your Local Lloyd Retailer
*Dependent on availability