Countdown to World premiere of new Range Rover Evoque
Date posted: 21 November 2018
- Land Rover gives first glimpse of the new Range Rover Evoque luxury compact SUV ahead of London reveal
- Wire form art installations across London begin countdown to the global premiere
- Full-scale models showcase modernist design philosophy behind latest SUV
- Colourful designs stopped pedestrians in their tracks at four exclusive locations across Kensington and Chelsea
- Tune into Land Rover’s Facebook and YouTube channels to watch the global reveal of the new Range Rover Evoque at 19:45 GMT on 22 November
- Order books for new SUV will open to coincide with the world debut in London*
London, UK, 14 November 2018 – Land Rover has started its countdown to the world premiere of the new Range Rover Evoque with a fleet of wire form sculptures inspired by the new model. The full-scale artworks stopped pedestrians in their tracks at locations across London.
Land Rover pioneered the luxury compact SUV sector with the original Range Rover Evoque in 2010, and the next generation of the award-winning model promises to make a similar impact, introducing new standards of design, capability and sustainability.
The brightly-coloured installations were produced by the same Land Rover Design team responsible for shaping the new Evoque and embody the reductive design philosophy that has informed its elegant proportions. Blending simple lines with modernity, the 1:1 scale wire forms showcase the distinctive fast roofline and rising waistline that define new Evoque’s coupe-like silhouette.
Three of the eye-catching sculptures were parked at exclusive addresses around Kensington and Chelsea, finished in distinctive shades of copper, red and blue.
“The wire forms have been created to preview the new Evoque – which is the embodiment of Range Rover’s modernist design approach. Where better to put these bespoke installations on display than in the heart of London – one of the greatest cities in the world.”
Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Chief Design Officer
With global sales of over 750,000 and more than 217 international awards to its name, the Range Rover Evoque is a global success story.