Discover Volvo's choice of powertrains
Starting from £39,705
£350 deposit£350 per month
By 2025 50% of our new cars will be fully electric
By 2025 we will have one million electrified Volvo cars on the road
By 2025, we aim to achieve climate-neutral manufacturing operations
Putting our planet first
Introducing our new line of pure electric and plug-in hybrid cars. Designed for a better way to move through the world.
Experience the new luxury where instant power comes with low or zero tailpipe emissions. Volvo Recharge brings you technology, design and sustainable materials that elevate your drive. In Pure electric mode you can drive your plug-in hybrid car without any tailpipe emissions. With a fully charged battery, this can allow daily commuting purely using the electric motor. Since 1927, safety has been at the core of Volvo. And with the introduction of the Recharge car line, our ambition is to create the safest chargeable vehicles on the road. For people, and for their future.
Sometimes quiet is the most powerful way to go, with zero tailpipe emissions and less noise at all speeds. Powered by a high-voltage battery and dual electric motors, our XC40 Recharge pure electric is pure progress for the road ahead.
Less petrol, more purpose. In our Recharge plug-in hybrids, an electric motor and combustion engine team together for a choice of pure electric mode, power mode and hybrid mode, giving you total driving control and lower tailpipe emissions.
Designed to move you. Meet our other powertrains including mild hybrids for fuel efficiency and a smooth drive.
Enjoy a responsive and confident drive. With fuel-efficient powertrains and available all-wheel drive, our cars are designed to enhance any journey. Our mild hybrids use electric power which supports the engine for a smooth and powerful drive with reduced impact on the environment. Whichever Volvo you choose, it's built to be one of the safest cars on the road. They all come with the latest safety technology as standard.
Our mild hybrids bring smoothness and electric power to your drive. A 48V battery and an integrated starter generator support the combustion engine for reduced tailpipe emissions. No need for charging: every time you brake, the battery is fed with recovered braking energy.
Our compact, lightweight petrol and diesel engines feature advanced low friction technology for high performance and low tailpipe emissions. And driving in ECO mode, you optimise the engine and gearbox for maximum range and fuel efficiency.
XC90 available as Plug-in Hybrid, Mild Hybrid or Combustion Engine
XC60 available as Plug-in Hybrid, Mild Hybrid or Combustion Engine
XC40 available as Pure Electric, Plug-in Hybrid, Mild Hybrid or Combustion Engine
V90 available as Plug-in Hybrid, Mild Hybrid or Combustion Engine
V60 available as Plug-in Hybrid, Mild Hybrid or Combustion Engine
S90 available as Plug-in Hybrid
S60 available as Plug-in Hybrid, Mild Hybrid or Combustion Engine
All Volvo cars are available with plug-in hybrid technology. Introduction of mild hybrid powertrains – all newly launched Volvos will be electrified, either hybrids or fully electric. Announcement of Volvo Recharge – an ambition for a climate neutral future.
Launch of a complete electrified carline of plug-in hybrids and pure electric cars, starting with Volvo's first pure electric SUV – the XC40 Recharge. Volvo's aim is that around 20% of their annual car sales should be plug-in hybrids.
Volvo's ambition is that around 50% of the cars we sell should be pure electric by 2025, the other 50% to be hybrids.
Volvo's vision is to be climate neutral across their full value chain, in line with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Representative Finance Quote
|PCH||Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R Design|
|Contract Length||48 months|
|Mileage per Annum||8,000|
|Excess mileage charge||13.8p|
You can never own the vehicle and it must be returned in good condition to avoid further charges. Subject to availability at participating retailers for vehicles registered by 01/04/2021 to 30/06/2021. Not available with other promotions. Excess mileage will be charged at 13.8p per mile. Provided by Santander Consumer (UK) PLC trading as Volvo Car Financial Services, RH1 1SR.
Terms and Conditions - Volvo Car UK Charge Point Offer
1. The Charge Point Offer means a free NewMotion Home Fast Package which includes a charge point and standard residential installation (the “Charge Point”) and is normally priced at £549 (inclusive of the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) grant of up to £350 (including VAT) from the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) (the “EVHS Grant”)). This Charge Point Offer is available to New Volvo car retail customers based on the assumption that you qualify for the full EVHS Grant, you are resident in mainland England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight or Wales and you meet the following criteria (“Eligibility Criteria”):
1.1. you must order a New Volvo plug-in hybrid model from participating VCUK Retailer’s between 1st April 2021 and 30th June 2021;
1.3. the Charge Point must be installed at your residential address within 90 days of the registration of your New Volvo plug-in hybrid vehicle.
2. In the event you do not qualify for the EVHS Grant, VCUK can still provide you with a Charge Point, but you will be responsible for the contribution normally covered by the EVHS Grant. Please note that the Government may amend or remove the EVHS Grant at any time.
3. This Charge Point Offer is applicable to retail customers only and is not applicable to corporate, rental or motability customers or VCUK Retailers, partners or other third parties.
4. The Charge Point Offer must be requested from a VCUK Retailer at the time you order a New Volvo plug-in hybrid vehicle. In the event you cancel your order of a New Volvo plug-in hybrid vehicle after the Charge Point has been installed or breach any of these Terms and Conditions, you will be responsible for the full cost of a Charge Point (excluding the EVHS Grant).
5. The Charge Point is a product of The New Motion EVSE Limited (registered company number 10296832) (“NewMotion”) who are VCUK’s preferred partner of home electric charge points. Once the Charge Point Offer is requested, NewMotion will contact you, and subject to the Eligibility Criteria being met, will install the Charge Point. You will be required to enter into a direct contractual relationship with NewMotion for the Charge Point and be responsible for any non-standard or additional installation costs. VCUK does not warrant or accept responsibility for that direct contract with NewMotion or for any losses, injury or damage which arise as a result of the installation or the performance of the Charge Point.
7. VCUK and NewMotion reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Charge Point Offer and/or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice. This Charge Point Offer is non-exchangeable, non-negotiable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. This Charge Point Offer is provided by Volvo Car UK Limited. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as determined by the courts of England and Wales.
All finance is subject to status and available to over 18's only (excluding The Channel Islands). Guarantees and indemnities may be required. Offers valid at the time of upload and liable to change.