Volvo Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Volvo offers specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Volvo has a centre in Carlisle covering Cumbria and Southern Scotland.
Enjoy your Volvo throughout the Year
With their Swedish origins, Volvos have been designed to handle whatever the weather. Britain’s unpredictable weather, however, can still pose a challenge, so we have a range of accessories and checks specifically designed to keep your Volvo running smoothly.
Don't get left out in the cold this season, at Lloyd Volvo, our Winter Health Check gives you the reassurance that your Volvo will be in optimum condition to battle the elements throughout the winter months.
So for only £19.99, bring on the winter with our Lloyd Winter Health Check, including:
- Vehicle Health check
- Tyre Condition check
- Lights and levels check
- Battery check
- Complimentary top up of fluids*
- Complimentary wash and vacuum
*top up to 1 litre, not full re-fill.
Top Ten Winter Driving TipsAdverse weather and prolonged darkness make winter driving more hazardous. Wet and icy conditions can have a huge impact on how your Jaguar performs in the cold weather. In the UK, with warmer winters in the past, not many drivers have experience driving in extreme winter conditions. So take your time and consider our winter driving tips on the road this season:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash, de-frost all windows before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Use dipped headlamps in snowy, wet weather
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate longer stopping distances
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to avoid skidding
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated
- Invest in a set of Winter Wheels and Tyres
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, De-icer, Ice Scraper, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant
*Advanced booking required
- Screen wash top-up
- Top-up oil
- First aid kit
- Phone charger
- Spare tyre / tyre sealant
- Jumpstart cables
Car Tyre Safety
Keeping your Volvo tyres properly maintained is essential to be safe on the more varied road surfaces. Thanks to our complimentary tyre safety check we can identify any issues and, should you need to replace your tyres, our price-match guarantee and excellent tyre selection mean that you can be assured of quality tyres at a competitive price. We welcome all makes and models for our checks so come and enjoy our welcoming facilities while you wait.