Volvo Seasonal Advice
Our Lloyd Volvo offers specialist advice and support for every season of the year. Located beside some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park, Lloyd Volvo has a centre in Carlisle covering Cumbria and Southern Scotland.
Enjoy your Volvo throughout the Year
With their Swedish origins, Volvos have been designed to handle whatever the weather. Britain’s unpredictable weather, however, can still pose a challenge, so we have a range of accessories and checks specifically designed to keep your Volvo running smoothly.
Vehicle Health Check
Don't get caught out in the heat, at Lloyd we carry out a vehicle health check on your Volvo each time you visit, to ensure that your car is ready to take on the road. For your peace of mind, our Volvo-trained technicians can carry out a video health check, identifying any elements which may need attention
THE AUTUMN DRIVING CHECKLIST
The sun sits a little lower in the sky, the temperature drops and we see the start of the frosty mornings. Whether you are a seasoned driver or it’s your first Autumn after passing your test these seasonal changes can be troublesome for us all.
We often don’t take the correct precautions when driving to deal with Autumnal changes such as less daylight, rain and leaves on the road or slight dips in temperature. Consider our advice, and take your time on when making journeys:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum effeciency in the colder weather
- Know your brakes, ensure your brake pads have sufficient depth. This can be checked on a free vehicle health check by our technicians.*
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the colder temperatures can increase pressure
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Autumn weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: Screen wash top-up, Top-up oil, Phone charger, Spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue
*Advance booking required..
- Screen wash top-up
- Top-up oil
- First aid kit
- Phone charger
- Spare tyre / tyre sealant
- Jumpstart cables
Car Tyre Safety
Keeping your Volvo tyres properly maintained is essential to be safe on the more varied road surfaces. Thanks to our complimentary tyre safety check we can identify any issues and, should you need to replace your tyres, our price-match guarantee and excellent tyre selection mean that you can be assured of quality tyres at a competitive price. We welcome all makes and models for our checks so come and enjoy our welcoming facilities while you wait.
Best Volvo garage in the north of England/Scotland. After 3 failed attempts to repair an engine fault at another dealer these boys did it in 6 hours. Its a shame you have to travel 160 mile mind to find this service but the results are Fantastic service, Volvo need to take a closer look at this place and take note so at the dealer conferences they can demonstrate to the rest how to operate a 5 star operation.
Matthew Kaye - Lloyd Carlisle Volvo