Motability Specialists for BMW, MINI, Volvo, Kia & Honda
At Lloyd Motor Group, we provide a range of premium new car models as part of the Motability scheme, with a choice to suit every lifestyle.
If you’re eligible for the scheme, you can exchange your mobility allowance for an affordable, three-year lease from our collection across BMW, MINI, Volvo, Kia and Honda new cars. Complete with full breakdown cover, insurance for you and up to two named drivers, and many more benefits.
We have skilled and dedicated Motability Specialists across our centres and all our staff are able to discuss your specific requirements and help you choose the car of your choice.
We are proud of the fantastic showrooms we have across Lloyd Motor Group and all are easily accessible with dedicated customer parking, seating, great coffee and of course, excellent staff.
What is Motability?
The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair, using their Government funded mobility allowance . If you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) , the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or the Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP) you may be eligible to join the Motability Scheme.
Am I Eligible?
If you or your child receives one of the following allowances and has at least 12 months remaining on the award, you are eligible to lease a car from Motability:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
What is included in the Motability Scheme?
Apart from fuel, everything else you need is provided as part of the leasing package:
- You’ll be fully insured
- If you choose to lease a car or WAV, you can name two drivers on your insurance so you can still enjoy worry-free motoring even if you don’t drive
- Full breakdown assistance is included
- All servicing, maintenance and repairs are covered, so there are no unexpected repair bills
How much does it cost on my allowance?
Depending on the car, it will cost either all or part of your mobility allowance. If you wish to upgrade to a more expensive model that costs more than your allowance, you will need to cover that cost in the form of an advance payment.
Can I join the scheme if I'm over 65?
Yes, if you receive the HRMC (Higher Rate Mobility Component) of the DLA (Disability Living Allowance), or the WPMS (War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement), and have 12 months or more remaining on your allowance, then you are eligible to join the scheme.
How can I adapt my car?
There are a number of adaptions to help improve your driving experience:
- Driving adaptions, including pedal modifications and electric controls.
- Stowage adaptions, which include rooftop stowage and car boot hoists.
- Access adaptions to help you get in and out of your car, including swivel seats and electric hoists.
Lloyd Motor Group Motability Locations:
Our dealerships are in some of the country's top locations, including World Heritage sites and the Lake District National Park. We operate across Cumbria, Lancashire, Newcastle upon Tyne, North Yorkshire and Scotland with Motability retailers in Blackpool, Carlisle, Cockermouth, Colne, Newcastle upon Tyne, the South Lakes.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Nice friendly staff - put out water bowls for our dogs while we waited - they said the job would take an hour and sure enough it was just that !
Happy Customer - Lloyd Carlisle Land Rover