23 April 2024

Emma's running the Lakeland 50!

Company News

Emma at Carlisle Kia Running the Lakeland 50

On the 26th July, our brilliant Kia Carlisle Service Advisor, Emma Taylor, will be running the Lakeland 50 in aid of Eden Valley Hospice. 

Based within north Cumbria, this fantastic charity is dedicated to providing specialist care for adults and children who have life limiting conditions. 

Lloyd Kia Carlisle are proud to have a longstanding partnership with the charity and are always eager to find new ways to support them where possible. Every quarter, the site generously donates £2 for every customer who completes a customer survey on their behalf. These donations are essential to help fund for compassionate care nurses, nourishing meals and even bereavement support for those who need it most. 

We could not be more proud of Emma and look forward to seeing how much she raises for this amazing charity. We caught up with her to see how she is preparing for the big day..

Training for Lakeland 50

Tell us about yourself?

"Hi, my name is Emma and I’ve been working for Lloyd Motors since October 2018. I love running and everything it has brought to my life, I run as much as I can and volunteer at local events, supporting other runners and cheering them on. When I’m not running or working, I enjoy spending time with friends and family, reading crime, thriller and mystery books and going to gigs". 

Why have you decided to take part in the Lakeland 50?

"I’ve been interested in doing the event for a few years but it normally falls on the same weekend as Kendal Calling. This year however, they’re on different weekends, so it seemed like it was meant to be! A few of my friends have taken part and always talk about what a great event it is and how much fun they have (yep, on a 50 mile race…fun!) "

How have you been preparing for the big day?

"In January I signed up with a running coach (Paul Wilson, Summit Ultra coaching) who specialises in Ultra running and it’s going well so far. Most weekends I’m often out in the Lake District, getting used to the route, practising running on different terrains and testing out my nutrition, it’s hard to train yourself to eat on the move. I imagine the hardest part of the race will be keeping going for so long, you get 24 hours to complete the race, I hope to do it before that!" 

Carlisle Kia Donation to Eden Valley Hospice(Seen here is Emma presenting this quarters NPS donations to the Eden Valley Hospice team) 

Tell us about your chosen charity.

"Eden Valley Hospice are a local charity who help and support many people. They provide specialist care for adults who have life limiting conditions, support is also provided for their families, friends and carers. They have an In-Patient Unit with 10 beds, all single rooms with an en-suite, they also provide Day Services for up to 15 people a day, four days a week. The local NHS trust provides around 25% of their running costs, with the remaining 75% coming from the generosity and efforts of supporters in the local area and beyond through fundraising". 

Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.

"I grew up on a small holding and had my own flock of Jacob sheep, we gave up the livestock after the foot and mouth outbreak in 2021. I can’t pass a field of Jacob sheep without stopping and smiling, seeing the lambs spring around the field is a beautiful sight".

Everyone at Lloyd cant wait to see Emma triumph this challenge and want to wish her the best of luck for the big day. If you also wish to get involved, you can sponsor Emma's race here.

Share This News

Related News