The first-ever BMW XM.
The new BMW XM – the first high-performance car from BMW M GmbH with an electrified drive system – brings together cutting-edge drive system technology with a spectacular vehicle concept. The high-performance Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) is powered by a newly developed plug-in hybrid system delivering 653hp and 800Nm of torque*.
The M HYBRID system in the BMW XM consists of a new V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology and an electric motor integrated into the eight-speed M Steptronic transmission. Power is channeled to the road via the M xDrive all-wheel-drive system. This combination produces immense power throughout the rev range, resulting in exhilarating performance, as well as a pure-electric driving range of 51 – 55 miles*.
Searing performance is complemented by a bold and visually striking exterior design, a luxurious interior that showcases the ‘M Lounge’ concept, plus the very latest technology and connectivity advancements from BMW.
In 2023, an even more powerful variant will be added to the BMW XM line-up, in the guise of the 748hp BMW XM LABEL RED.
The BMW XM shares its drive concept with the newly developed endurance racing car from BMW M Motorsport. The BMW M Hybrid V8 will go racing in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship in North America in 2023, and will power BMW M Motorsport’s return to the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2024.
Production of the BMW XM will begin at BMW Group Plant Spartanburg in South Carolina, USA in December 2022, with the worldwide market launch getting underway in spring 2023. Prices in the UK start from £144,980.
- New V8 engine with traditional high-revving concept
- Electric motor delivers instantaneous power delivery
- BMW XM LABEL RED: ultimate performance with up to 1,000Nm
- Fifth-generation BMW eDrive technology
- Combined Charging Unit with predictive heat management
- Eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic and integrated hybrid module
- Three driving modes for maximum performance and unbeatable efficiency
- One engine, one electric motor, four driven wheels: the M xDrive system
- Model-specific rear axle differential with M Sport differential
- Sophisticated chassis technology with bespoke tuning
- Specially configured electronically controlled dampers
- Active roll stabilisation with Active Roll Comfort
- Premiere in a BMW M model: Integral Active Steering
- Integrated braking system, bespoke M Sport brakes
- Near-actuator wheel slip limitation, integrated transverse dynamics management
- Availability of 23-inch M light-alloy wheels and sports tyres
- Unparalleled vehicle concept, innovative design language
- Dynamic silhouette, distinctive accents with historical references
- Muscular rear end with bold design features
- Over 50 BMW Individual special paint finishes to be available
- M-specific controls and M multifunction seats for race car feel and long-distance comfort
- Exclusive M Lounge luxury for rear seat occupants
- Vintage leather adds unique touch to interior surfaces and materials
- First-class comfort and functionality
- BMW IconicSounds Electric adds an unmistakeable range of sounds
- Comprehensive driver assistance systems for ultimate comfort and safety
- BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant with new skills
- YouTube streaming on the control display
- BMW Digital Key Plus is a full-functionality car key
- Personalisation using the BMW ID and My BMW App
To register your interest in the BMW XM click the link below to contact your local Lloyd BMW retailer.
• World premiere for the first high-performance car from BMW M GmbH with an electrified drive system • M HYBRID system combines new V8 M TwinPower Turbo engine with electric motor to deliver 653hp and 800Nm • 0-62mph in 4.3 seconds combined with a pure-electric range of 51-55 miles and up to 188.3mpg (WLTP)* • Eight-speed M Steptronic transmission and M xDrive all-wheel-drive • Strikingly unique exterior design twinned with luxurious interior that showcases the ‘M Lounge’ concept.