21 Model Year Jaguar I-PACE
Date posted: 25 June 2020
Every Jaguar feels like no other car on the road. Moving to all-electric power doesn't change this. It offers even more opportunities to shape the dynamic performance and dramatic design for which we're renowned. Jaguar I-PACE is a pure Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) built from the ground up to embrace these new possibilities.
Since its debut the I-PACE has won more than 80 global awards, including 2019 World Car of the Year, World Car Design of the Year and World Green Car, reinforcing its status as the Jaguar which tore up the rule book to become the first and best electric car of its kind.
The new 2021 model year Jaguar I-PACE offers a new fast, intuitive infotainment system and quicker home charging capability, making owning and driving an electric vehicle easier than ever.
I-PACE now comes with an 11kW on-board charger as standard, enabling customers with access to three-phase electricity supplies to enjoy significantly faster charging: when connected to an 11kW wall box 53km/33 miles* of range (WLTP) per hour can be achieved, while a full charge from empty now takes only 8.6 hours – ideal for overnight charging at home.
Customers in single-phase markets using 7kW wallboxes also benefit from competitive charging capability – up to 35km/22 miles of charge per hour, with a full charge taking 12.75 hours. When charging ‘on the go’, a 50kW DC charger will add up to 63km/39 miles in 15 minutes, whilst a 100kW charger will add up to 127km/78 miles over the same period.
*Range added per one-hour/15-minute period is WLTP range
The high torque density and highenergy efficiency characteristics of the motors deliver sports car performance, launching the I-PACE from a standing start to 60mph in just 4.5 seconds. The instantaneous performance is matched with exceptional ride comfort and engaging driving dynamics.
The bespoke EV aluminium architecture uses advanced riveting and bonding technology to deliver a light, stiff body structure. Together with the structural battery pack, it has a torsional rigidity of 36kNm/° – the highest of any Jaguar.
A refreshed paint palette now features colours such as Caldera Red, Portofino Blue and Eiger Grey. There’s also a wider choice of wheels, with a new 19-inch design being offered for the first time on I-PACE, and replacing 18-inch wheels as standard equipment on S models in select markets.
Inside, the layout optimises space for passengers while sophisticated materials – including the option of a premium textile Kvadrat interior – and exquisite attention to detail identify this as a true Jaguar. While a mid-sized SUV, I-PACE’s cab forward design and EV powertrain means interior space comparable to large SUVs. In the rear, legroom is 890mm while, with no transmission tunnel, there’s a useful 10.5-litre central storage compartment. In the rear, tablet and laptop stowage is found beneath the seats, while the rear luggage compartment offers a 656-litre capacity – and 1,453 litres with seats folded flat.
Inspired by smartphones, Pivi Pro is easy to use, while its powerful processor and ‘fast start-up’ ensures the system is ready to go by the time you’re in the driving seat. Supported by a built-in back-up battery, navigation initialisation takes just a few seconds.
The new and intuitive flat menu structure makes navigating the system easy with the features and functions you use regularly accessible via the home screen with just a click. The redesigned navigation system reduces the number of steps required to set a destination by half, and customers are now able to pan and zoom in and out of the map with a pinch of the fingers, just as with a smartphone.
A Smartphone Pack with Apple CarPlay® is standard, as is Bluetooth technology which can pair two phones simultaneously ensuring you’ll always be connected. The Smartphone Pack also includes Android Auto™ and Baidu CarLife, depending on market applicability, as standard.
Customers need no longer be concerned about data usage or buying a SIM, as the I-PACE comes with a dual modem embedded SIM (eSIM) and complimentary 4G data plan which enables unlimited music streaming via Spotify, Deezer or Tunin and map, weather, calendar and traffic updates simultaneously**.
The new Pivi Pro infotainment will help to get you where you want to go in less time and with less effort. The navigation uses self-learning algorithms to optimise routing, voice guidance and even knows to remain quiet when you’re travelling through areas you know, and maps will always be up to date thanks to software-over-the-air (SOTA) functionality.
Simplifying the process still further is Pivi Pro’s ability to automatically add charging stations to your route, if needed. The system will select the optimum chargers to minimise total journey time. On long drives, Pivi Pro can also show you the predicted charge level on arrival at each waypoint***.
* The lower touchscreen is an option on the ‘S’ model and standard on all others
** 4G data plan is subject to market availability. The unlimited data is provided by the eSIM and applies to connected services and features for their respective subscription periods: Connected Navigation is initially included for three years and the Online Pack connected services subscription is provided for an initial period of one year
*** Navigation features will continue to be enhanced via software-over-the air updates
State-of-the-art digital technology further assists drivers and road users. Visibility is significantly enhanced with a new 3D Surround Camera that provides a 360-degree digital plan view of the surrounding area and potential hazards, visible through the central touchscreen. Inside the cabin, the ClearSight rear view mirror improves vision and convenience by ensuring the driver always has an unobstructed view of the road behind, even with three people in the rear seat or with the 656-litre luggage compartment loaded up to the roof.
All occupants benefit from the enhanced climate control system, which delivers smart, energy-efficient heating or cooling of up to four zones independently. Cabin air ionisation designed to remove allergens, also features a filtration system which captures ultrafine particles – including PM2.5 particulates – to improve occupant health and wellbeing. One important benefit to the new filtration system is that, when charging, customers can use the I-PACE’s pre-conditioning system (which optimises battery temperature) to also purge the cabin of allergens and ultrafine particles before beginning a journey.
- With a range of up to 470km/292 miles (WLTP) from its 90kWh battery, customers with an average daily commute would only need to charge their I-PACE once a week.
- I-PACE is offered with an 8 year or 100,000 mile/160,000km battery warranty.
- Jaguar has developed the iGuide app making it simple to find and understand the key features and controls of your Jaguar I-PACE. It also doubles as your mobile owner’s manual, ensuring the answer to any question about charging are at your fingertips.
- Jaguar partners with home-charging providers all over the world, making charging your car as easy as charging your phone.
- Every home charging point from Jaguar’s recommended partners comes smart enabled, meaning you can conveniently activate and deactivate your charging progress straight from your smart phone.
- When charging in public places, the I-PACE’s charging cable locks into place as soon as the car is locked, and cannot be disconnected until the vehicle is unlocked, giving you the freedom to go about your day while the vehicle charges up
- The Jaguar I-PACE has an Eco Mode which helps preserve range by reducing energy depletion and encouraging a more efficient driving style. It also makes subtle changes to cabin temperature, air recirculation and to a number of the car’s other features. You can override these changes by normal operation of each feature or via the menu settings.
- The I-PACE is equipped with Software over the Air (SOTA) functionality. This means Systems including infotainment, battery management and charging can be updated remotely and enable the I-PACE to continuously improve over time.
Article by https://media.jaguar.com/en