Seasonal Advice from Lloyd Used Car Centre
As the temperature drops and the sun sits lower in the sky, driving can prove more of a challenge even for the most experienced driver. But hidden ice, wetter driving conditions, slippery leaves and restricted light can have a big impact on hazard perception increasing the risk of an accident. So, take your time and consider our advice for driving on the road during the winter season:
- Prepare your vehicle, top up your screen wash and check functioning before setting off. This includes checking your lights are working.
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel in the tank to compensate for any required detours.
- Check your engine oil, sufficient oil helps regulate the temperature of your engine on long journeys
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to compensate for any sudden braking ahead on wet roads.
- Take your time when accelerating/decelerating to ensure maximum efficiency in the colder weather.
- Ensure you have sufficient tyre tread and they are correctly inflated as the colder temperatures can increase pressure. If you drive frequently during the winter months, it may be worth considering buying a set of winter tyres.
- Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. If they squeak when they wipe they are likely to need replacing and are key to your safety in Winter weather conditions.
- Keep a pack of essentials, just in case: screen wash top-up, top-up oil, phone charger, spare tyre/tyre sealant, AdBlue.
- Save your local Lloyd Bodyshop number in your phone, and in the event of an accident make us your first call.
- Know your journey and should you not have Sat Nav, be aware of alternative routes you could take due to traffic or diversions.
FIND YOUR LOCAL BODYSHOP
If you would like us to help you with any of the above, please feel welcome to contact us and ask about our vehicle health check appointments.